Blue "The Blueminator" Lewis

Blue "The Blueminator" Lewis

Friday, October 11, 2013

OK, make that 8 days and counting

Well, Blue can't make it down here until next weekend.

I had hoped for tomorrow, but his Dad/driver has to work. Being the good person he is, he of course wants to meet me and make sure Blue will be OK. I had offered to go get him - he's about 1.5 hours away - but realized that the best thing was to let him take care of it.

The man loves Blue and has hung-in there for weeks, waiting for the right weekend where he could pack everything up and drive him down. It will be a family affair including a few other people.

So regardless of how things turned out for Blue, he has always been well loved. It just became impossible for his owners to care for him properly.

I know this. I feel anger that it happened but then I tell myself I am judging people and know very little about them. I know many people have had to surrender their beloved pets to shelters when they lost their homes. I know people do this when they can no longer care for their pet.

I've almost been there. I came 3 weeks to being homeless years ago and tried to figure out how I would live in a car with 3 dogs. I was dead serious about it. The thought of not being able to have my pets is something that I can't bear.

Blue is a handful. He is young and I am used to walking dogs early in the morning with their raincoats on when it was pouring. I know that he will require a tremendous amount of attention, love and training. I know that he has not been abused; just neglected.

And I know that animals live in the present and any bad things from the past will dissipate as time goes by with enough love,  guidance and strength. I know what they do for one's own life and spirit.

They give you a reason to get up in the morning.

They give you a reason to come home.

They give you someone to love when no one else will. They ask nothing of us except to be treated well and included. They return more love than one can imagine.

They are the perfect human being with four legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment