Blue "The Blueminator" Lewis

Blue "The Blueminator" Lewis

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The adventure begins soon.

It's Wednesday night and Blue will be arriving Saturday afternoon.

I don't know how I'm going to do this, but somehow I will. My biggest concerns are my cats. I know it will take time and I hope eventually they will accept him and not run away. They are house cats, but do know how to bolt through an open door.

My house is small. Very small but I have a big yard. I keep telling myself that I can do this and I know if anyone can, it is me.

I met Blue over a year ago. A friend heard about him. He was 1 year old and had been put in a crate 3 months earlier and left there. Someone would come by and let him out a few times a day for a few minutes.

When he arrived at my friends house, he was nervous and scared but sweet. Oh so sweet. I fell for him and helped care for him. I would come over and take him for walks and spend as much time with him as I could.

He became family.

After a year, the owner wanted him back. She missed him. She swore she would take good care of him.

And so she did, for a short period of time. Soon her father had to step in. He built Blue a kennel and bought him toys. He fell in love with Blue also. But he couldn't continue to care for him.

He had to take him to the pound.

No one else could help and the owner was busy with 2 jobs.

He was being crated again in the evenings and not allowed in the house.

No.

That was my reaction when I heard they were taking him to the shelter.

I had not had a dog in over 3 years. I had always had dogs, but after losing the 3rd one in 3 years, I couldn't face another loss.

I swore I would stick with cats. I love my cats and was happy with my decision. I could leave for a day or two and not worry. I had more freedom and didn't have to worry about what time I got home.

Getting another dog was the last thing I wanted to do.

But I couldn't let my friend be abandoned again. I knew I would not be able to live with myself.

So he arrives in a few days.

He will change everything in my life.

That is what I am hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment