Blue "The Blueminator" Lewis

Blue "The Blueminator" Lewis

Sunday, April 27, 2014

PIT BULL ATTACKED BY SMALL DOGS!

Damn it!

There we were - Blue and I walking down the street on our daily walk. He's doing great, staying by my side and marching right along.

Suddenly, 2 small dogs come charging out of a garage, barking, snarling, and running straight for us.

What does Blue do?

He tries to run away.

He's scared. His ears go back, his tail goes under him and he tried to bolt.

Big bad pit bull is afraid of 2 small dogs.

I hold tight and turn around and face the little assholes who have suddenly stopped because the human is facing them and ready to do battle.

I hear humans shouting at them, running out of the house to get their dogs. I'm holding onto Blue's leash because he's pulling on it and wanting to get the hell out of there.

"GET BACK HERE YOU TWO!"

I don't move and quickly figure out what I have to do to prevent these 2 dogs from hurting my dog.

Someone comes running up and picks up one of them. My heart is pounding but I remain calm. I quietly tell Blue it's OK and hope that me standing tall and relaxed will calm him down.

It does. A bit.

"I'm so sorry," she says as she makes a retreat with one dog. The other follows.

I say nothing because what I want to say will not be good.

I walk Blue a few feet away, put him in a sit-stay and reward him.

We continue our walk as if nothing happened but inside, I'm fuming.

I doubt the dogs would have bit either one of us.

But I don't know for sure and I don't want to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment